Cast iron grill pan is one of the most enticing products of the kitchen. Cast iron pans have helped to make super delicious food. I think if I started counting the benefits of cast iron grill pan, then there would be no time to discuss the main topic. So, let’s discuss the main topic.
Most of us know how to use a cast iron grill pans, but not all know how to clean an iron grill pan properly. You must be thinking about why it is so crucial to clean the iron grill pan? It is because once you leave it unchecked and it starts to erode, there is no way back. So, if you want to make your grill pan long-lasting, then make sure to clean your cast iron grill pan it properly.
We will tell you some super easy ways that will help you to clean a cast iron grill pan properly.
Ways to Clean the cast iron grill pan properly
Clean the cast iron pan with boiling water
It is one of the easiest and most effective methods for regular cleaning of the pan. It effectively removes the leftover food particles, drops of oil, and leftover spices from the pan. Following are simple steps to clean the cast iron grill pan with water.
- Add water to the grill pan. Then add ample quantity of water, so it makes a layer of 2-3 inches in the pan.
- Heat the pan on the stove until the water starts to boil.
- You’ll see that all the sticky food particles will come on the surface of the water. If you still saw any leftover food, then remove it vigilantly with the help of a spatula.
- After removing the food particles, let the grill pan cool for some time, then remove it from the stove.
- Drain the water and food particles from the pan. And with the help of warm water, wash the pan thoroughly using any dishwasher.
- Let the pan dry naturally, or use a paper towel to dry the pan.
Clean the cast iron grill pan with water and dishwashing soap
It is also one of the easiest methods to clean the cast iron pan. You can use this for the regular cleaning of the pan.
- After finishing cooking, place some water on the grill pan and let the sticky food become soft.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse the grill pan with water properly.
- With the help of a sponge and soap, wash the grill pan thoroughly. After cleaning the pan thoroughly, let it dry completely before placing it on the rack.
Clean cast iron grill pan with salt and water
Warm water is a perfect method to clean the grill iron pan properly, yet sometimes it happens that we use the pan over and over, without cleaning, like at parties and in restaurants, when we use the grill pan repeatedly without cleaning, food particles make a layer on the pan, and if not cleaned properly it can reduce the efficiency of the pan forever.
To avoid this condition, you need to clean iron grill pan with salt and water. A salt effectively scrubs away all the sticky food particles without harming the pan’s seasoned surface.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clean a cast-iron grill pan with salt and water.
- Sprinkle the salt particle on the warm pan. After that, heat the salt a bit on the pan, and then add some water.
- Cover the grill pan for some time and heat salt and water. Then use a sponge, and clean the grill pan properly.
- Make sure to clean all the crests and troughs of the pan with a sponge. So, to scrub away all the sticky food particles.
- Then rinse the pan thoroughly with warm water.
All the above-mentioned steps are to clean the grill pan instantly after soaking. But what if your grill pan rusted? Seeing a rusted iron grill would definitely be a heart-wrenching sight. But here is good news, that is, it is possible to clean the rusted iron pan. Even if your grill pan has rusted extremely, still try this method to make your pan new again.
Clean the cast iron pan with baking soda and vinegar
This method is a little time taking, but it effectively removes the rust and will effectively clean your iron grill pan. The material you need for this method includes baking soda, vinegar, scrubber salt, liquid dishwashing soaps, and warm water.
- First of all, sprinkle the salt and baking powder on the rusted grill pan.
- Then add some vinegar and warm water to the pan and leave the pan for 4-5 hours, however, if you are in hurry, then heat the pan for 5-10 minutes, and left the pan for one hour.
- When you left the mixture of salt, vinegar, and baking soda on the pan, you’ll see that rust slowly starts to come on the surface of the water.
- After 4-5 hours, rinse the grill pan thoroughly with warm water. If you still notice any rust, you can repeat the above process for a little more time.
- When you see that rust is no more, then again rinse the pan with warm water, and with the help of a sponge and dishwashing soap, clean the pan thoroughly.
- And finally, dry the pan and season it thoroughly for later use.
This method is so effective that we guarantee that it will remove all the rust from your pan. We recommend you try this method before buying a new pan for yourself.
The durability of your grill pan entirely depends upon its cleaning. The above-mentioned methods on how to clean a cast-iron grill pan are tested. All of them have the potential to clean your grill pan properly, only if you follow all the step of cleaning. All the methods have their benefits and usage, but the last way of cleaning the pan with baking soda and vinegar works like magic. We suggest everyone give this method a try.